This course satisfies the 8-hour Required CCW Course as demanded by the Riverside County Sheriff's Department and the State of California to obtain a Concealed Carry Weapon Permit (CCW). It also includes the ARIZONA & UTAH CCW which adds 36 reciprocating states to your CCW permit. The course consists of classroom instruction and hands-on practical qualification. You will be required to fire your firearm on a Sheriff’s designated range. To qualify, you must pass with a score of 70% or better.
Who Should Take this Course?
This course is designed for shooters wishing to obtain a CCW permit from the Sheriff of the County of Riverside, valid in California, as well as a Arizona and Utah CCW permit that includes 36 reciprocating states.
- Resident of the County of Riverside
- Need to be qualified under state and federal law. Please visit the FAQ page for qualification standards.
- Prerequisite CCW Prep Course or demonstrated ability
What you should know
- You must bring all firearms that you want on your CCW (limit 6, no smaller than .380, no larger than .45 caliber) UNLOADED to the class. Leave all ammo in your vehicle and have your ID ready upon arrival.
- You must have a IWB holster that will be inspected for safety and comply with department guidelines. The holsters you bring should be the holsters you'll use when carrying concealed.
- No outside the waistband, thigh-rigs, or off-body holsters. Holsters should have retention or OTHER ACCEPTABLE METHODS of retaining the weapon in the holster. Most Kydex holsters are able to adjust retention.
- You will be required to fire your firearm on a Sheriff’s designated range, and qualify with a passing score of 70% or better.
- Bring AT LEAST 100 ROUNDS FOR EACH FIREARM you intend to qualify with. If you do not have the required ammo, the range has it available for sale.
- You will be required to use the firearm's standard sights during qualifications; using lasers or holographic sights for the qualification process will be prohibited.
- A 70% passing score requires satisfactory completion of the following tasks 3 tasks:
- Starting from the 15-yard line from a "holstered" position, you will empty a magazine with 6 rounds (or cylinder) at your target. WHEN DIRECTED, you will reload and move forward to the 10 yard line.
- At the 10-yard line and starting from the "holstered" position, you will empty a full magazine (or cylinder) at your target. WHEN DIRECTED, you will reload and move forward to the 7 yard line.
- At the 7-yard line and starting from the "holstered" position, you will empty a full magazine (or cylinder) at your target, firing four shots to the body and two to the head until all ammunition is expended, after which you will clear and show a safe gun.
- FAILURE to bring all required equipment (firearms, ammo, belt, holsters & range gear), or failure to pass the weapons inspection, qualify with a passing score of 70% or better, or any unsafe range violation will result in the non-issuance of the CCW course completion certificate.
- YOU MUST visit www.raahauges.com and complete the online waiver if you haven't done so in the last year. This course is all inclusive (includes classroom, range fee, target, qualification and Certificate of Completion) DOES NOT INCLUDE AMMUNITION.
- Utah requires 1 passport sized photo, 1 fingerprint card, 1 application (instructor stamped) which we will provide, a copy of drivers license, copy of passport or citizenship papers and a black ink pen. The course is 4 hours and can be done in conjunction with the CA Initial Course. Utah CCW is good for 5 years. Utah will accept debit cards, credit cards, personal checks, and money orders. NO CASH.
- We will provide the passport photo (if you choose), obtain fingerprints, and assist in filling out all the paperwork correctly. All students are responsible for state fees. We also provide pre-addressed envelopes for both states. Student is responsible for postage.
- Arizona only requires a safe handling certificate which we will provide, 2 fingerprint cards, and an application. The Arizona CCW is good for 5 years. AZ requires a cashier's check or money order only.
THERE IS NO FIREARMS QUALIFICATION REQUIRED FOR NEITHER UTAH OR ARIZONA, JUST CALIFORNIA.